Child support orders are not intended to remain the same forever. Monthly support should increase when a child turns 12, and decrease when a child turns 18 or becomes emancipated. Change in overnight visits or the financial circumstances of the parties also can be factors in determining the right amount of child support.

Good news! If your order is being serviced by the Division of Child Support, they may be willing to adjust your child support for free. Contact your DCS caseworker and inquire if they could review your order for prospective modification.

If you want more than a support adjustment, private representation might be the best route for you to take. Questions? Set up an initial consultation by calling 360-876-5567 or click the button below.